[tomoyo-users-en 389] Re: Building Tomoyo 2.2 for Android

Zurück zum Archiv-Index
Tetsuo Handa from-****@I-lov*****
Thu Jul 21 21:33:21 JST 2011

Bhargava Shastry wrote:
> Another question: How does Tomoyo (v1.8/2.4) help defend against a malicious
> user with root privileges? For e.g, one can fake a different UID (using *su*)
> and obtain permissions associated with that UID.

The malicious user with root privileges will not need to fake a different UID
because the user already have permissions that the target UID can have.
The malicious user without root privileges will not be able to fake a different
UID because the user will not know the target user's password.

I couldn't understand what you want to do. But if what you want to do is to
restrict execution of su command based on UID, you can do like below.

  file execute /bin/su task.uid=0

allows execution of /bin/su by only root user, and

  file execute /bin/su task.uid!=0

allows execution of /bin/su by only non-root users.
Please see http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/1.8/chapter-10.html for available
conditions.