[tomoyo-users-en 428] Re: TOMOYO 1.8/AKARI on Linux 3.2-rc5

Zurück zum Archiv-Index
Tetsuo Handa from-****@I-lov*****
Sat Dec 10 14:46:13 JST 2011

Tetsuo Handa wrote:
> Also, this __d_path() update might be backported to 2.6.36 to 3.1 kernels.
> If backported, you will need to recompile TOMOYO 1.8/AKARI using the updated
> versions.

This update was added to 3.0 and 3.1 stable queues. But there will be latency
until distributor's kernels reflect this update. This means that TOMOYO 1.8/
AKARI cannot assume that d_absolute_path() (a function added in 3.2-rc5 for
TOMOYO 2.5/AppArmor) is available in distributor's kernels by the time TOMOYO
1.8/AKARI tarballs are updated. Thus, regarding 2.6.36 to 3.1, I added an
alternative code which does similar to AppArmor's d_namespace_path() and call
the alternative code if __d_path() returned NULL.

By the way, CentOS 6.1 was released. Now, you can install TOMOYO 2.2 enabled
binary kernels from CentOS+ repository. To install, change from enabled=0 to
enabled=1 in the [centosplus] section of /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo and
run "yum update". Then, to enable TOMOYO Linux, add security=tomoyo to kernel's
command line parameters in /boot/grub/grub.conf .