Foren: Offene Diskussion (Thread #42729)

How to enable voice in Crystaldiskinfo (2020-08-02 05:25 by rittmeister #85483)

hello!

Domo arigato for this great software!

I would love to enable the voice in Kurei-Kei Edition, but all I get is this silly xylophone ding dong.
Can somebody please explain how to get voice working? I use it on Win10 and on Win7.

Thank you.

Re: How to enable voice in Crystaldiskinfo (2020-08-02 08:43 by rittmeister #85484)

OMG, I finally figured it out...
you have to set Language to Japanese to get the voice output.
it would be cool to have english text and still the japanese voice output. or even better make an english voice.dll...

I would personally volunteer to make an english voice.dll and setup, actually I would do english and japanese for my favorite mangas.
i.e. Ah! Megami Sama, Berserk, Highschool DxD, Evangelion,...

any hints how to do it anywhere?

thanks
Reply to #85483

Re: How to enable voice in Crystaldiskinfo (2023-01-16 04:07 by onlygradually #93383)

Reply To Message #85484
> OMG, I finally figured it out...
> you have to set Language to Japanese to get the voice output.
> it would be cool to have english text and still the japanese voice output. or even better make an english voice.dll...

To get English UI with Japanese voice, navigate to "C:\Program Files\CrystalDiskInfo\CdiResource\language", remove the existing "Japanese.lang" file, then make a copy of the "English.lang" file, and rename that copy to "Japanese.lang".
Launch CrystalDiskInfo, then click on "Language" in the top menu. In the "A-N" submenu, you will find an entry labeled "English, [Japanese]" where "日本語, [Japanese]" used to be. Select it to enable the Japanese voice.

You can confirm it works by clicking on the character to hear a voice sample.

Hope that helps!
Reply to #85484