[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #44471: Wrong prototype of IsProcessInJob

Zurück zum Archiv-Index
MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Mon May 23 21:08:27 JST 2022

#44471: Wrong prototype of IsProcessInJob

  Open Date: 2022-04-26 15:42
Last Update: 2022-05-23 15:08

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/44471
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=44471

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

Reply To keith
Reply To eliz
Are we allowed to take ideas from what MinGW64 did in this case?

Presumably you mean by reading their header files?  Sorry, but I consider that to be a poisoned chalice, so I'd have to say "no".  I'd be more inclined to accept ideas gleaned from the (doxygen format) ReactOS reference documentation — at least that offers something akin to a "chinese wall", and doesn't involve directly reading header files, which we suspect may have been plagiarized from Microsoft's copyrighted sources.
I don't think it matters where we take the idea for the implementation, ReactOS is as good a source as any.
(My alternative suggestion would be that I describe in prose what MinGW64 did, and you use that description to write the code.  AFAIU, this works around the copyright restriction, since ideas cannot be copyrighted.  But it's an academic issue now.)

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: eliz
         Owner: (None)
          Type: Issues
     MileStone: (None)
     Component: WSL
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: None

Ticket details:

The prototype of IsProcessInJob, as it is provided by winbase.h in the w32api MinGW package seems to be incorrect:
WINBASEAPI BOOL IsProcessInJob (HANDLE, HANDLE, PBOOL);
I think it should instead be this:
WINBASEAPI BOOL WINAPI IsProcessInJob (HANDLE, HANDLE, PBOOL);
I found this because the existing prototype causes link error, since the linker is looking for the wrong symbol in the libraries.

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net